Here are details of upcoming Sunday School sessions. All questions and offers to assist on any Sunday may be emailed to Deb Parker, Director of Christian Formation, or call the main office at 610-688-4830.
November 4: Breakfast and More at Bolingbroke!
Join our parish community for a delicious breakfast on November 4th. Sunday School will not miss a beat…
- At 9:30 a.m. Megan will have the nursery. She will enjoy the company of the children age 2 and younger in an area set aside for them at Bolingbroke.
- Ms. Deb and her youth assistants will be with the children age 3 and older at Bolingbroke.
- First at 9:40 a.m. they will practice with the choir in the Music Room at Bolingbroke (with the piano)
- Then we will continue to learn more about the Communion of Saints in Sunday School. The children will be drawing a picture showing themselves helping a favorite saint (St. Nicholas, St. Valentine, St. Patrick, and St. Martin have already been named). If you have a favorite saint, or one someone you love was named for, please share that with your children.
- Come and enjoy a meal together. Then parents can enjoy the company of other adults over breakfast before participating in the 10 a.m. worship that will also be held at the Bolingbroke Mansion.The children will join the adults during the Peace.
Any questions? Please contact Ms. Deb. This will be a festive first Sunday for the entire St. Martin’s Church family.
November 11: St. Martins Day–The children and youth will sing with the adult choir. Music is a special way for children to participate in the worship service. Even if your child has been unable to attend the practices, he or she can join the other children to play drums and participate. There will be no regular Sunday School on the 11th. Instead, in the Gurley Room and chapel area, Ms. Deb and her assistants will have Bible related activities for the children and a picture book telling the story of St. Martin. The nursery downstairs will be open starting at 9:30 a.m. for the youngest members.
November 18: NEW Church-Preschool Praise and Worship. Fr. Chris and his daughter Emma will lead parents and preschool-aged children as they share Jesus’ love while getting to know each other better in the Small Sunday School Room/Nursery. During the peace, Fr. Chris will head back upstairs for the Eucharist. Regular Sunday School will begin at 9:30 and the nursery will continue to be open after the peace. Please speak to Ms. Deb if you would like to learn more or make suggestions so the Preschoolers and their parents find fellowship on the floor!