St. Martin’s traces its roots to the post-Civil War era. The Church of the Good Shepherd in Villanova agreed to hold services in Radnor near the train station. In 1877 land was purchased for a new mission and St. Martin’s cornerstone was laid in 1880. Construction on the beautiful building was completed in 1888. St. Martin’s grew rapidly as the western suburbs of Philadelphia were developed. The church was expanded twice, and in 1959, the parish purchased the Bolingbroke Mansion, the beautiful neighboring stone home with 1727 inscribed on its Spring House. Now, it is the “Parish House” providing additional space for meetings, special worship services, and shared meals. The mansion is also available for wedding ceremonies, receptions, parties and corporate meetings by booking through Catering By Design, Philadelphia’s premier catering and event decor company.
For more information, please visit
BolingbrokeMansion.com or call 215-866-9500.