St. Martin’s Outreach Committee aims to improve lives in our community and in the world. We forge close relationships with local charities and various non-profit organization to do God’s will with our serving hands and open hearts.
The World Food Summit of 1996 defined food security as existing “when all people at all times have access to sufficient, safe, nutritious food to maintain a healthy and active life”. St. Martin’s Church strives to keep cupboards at local pantries full in addition to providing food for neighbors in need. The Great Valley Food Cupboard, The Ardmore Food Pantry, and the NEW Highland Food Pantry receive our donations throughout the year. For information about current needs or to request help, please contact our main office at 610-688-4830 or Admin@StMartinsRadnor.org.
Performing Good Works is a joint effort by members/volunteers from both St. Martin’s Church and Christ Church Ithan. Services include and are not limited to home clean-up, painting, yardwork, and light carpentry. For more information or to volunteer, please email CCIgoodworksSM@gmail.com.
Stand With Iraqi Christians
The mission of Stand With Iraqi Christians (SWIC) is to support, through friendship and material aid, the right of Christians and their communities in Iraq to survive and thrive. This non-profit organization originated in 2016 as an international outreach mission of St. Martin’s Parish. Our church continues to provide assistance to this now independent operation. Learn more about this vital lifeline to the Middle East by visiting SWIC.org.
Worship helpers bring our celebrations to life and Eucharistic Lay Ministers deliver smiles, prayers, and the sacramental elements to the homebound. New servers are able to start after an orientation or training session(s).
- Eucharistic Lay Ministers: deliver the sacramental elements to the homebound
- Choir: small and dedicated, using traditional and blended styles
- Acolytes: adults and young people serve at the altar
- Readers: proclaim the weekly lectionary passages
- Chalice Bearers: serve communion wine at the altar rail
- Ushers: provide bulletins, take up offerings, and assist in the communion
- Greeters: welcome, answer questions and orient worshippers
- Altar Guild: dress the altar, care for linens and communion vessels
- Flower Guild: arrange flowers weekly and for special services